Delray Beach Resources
DELRAY BEACH ATTRACTIONS:
Visual and performing arts opportunities as well as lectures, historic tours and nature center are available through the Delray Beach Cultural Alliance:
- Cason Cottage Museum, Swinton Ave. and N.E. First St., 561-243-0223
- The Cornell Museum -Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave. 561-243-7922.
- Crest Theatre - Old School Square, 51 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach, 561-243-3183
- Delray Beach Historical Society, 20 N. Swinton Ave., Delray Beach, 561-243-7922
- Delray Beach Playhouse, 950 NW 9th St., Delray Beach, 561-272-1281
- Delray Beach Public Library, 29 SE 4th Ave., 561-266-0194
- Milagro Center, 101 SE 2nd Ave., 561-279-2970
- Morikami Park & Museum, 400 Morikami Park Rd. off Jog/Carter Rd., 561-495-0233
- Old School Square Cultural Arts Center & Entertainment Pavilion, 51 N.Swinton Ave., 561-243-7922, ext 1
- Pineapple Grove Main Street & Artwalk, 298 Pineapple Grove Way (NE 2nd Ave.), 561-279-9952.
- Roots Cultural Festival, P.O. Box 2654, Delray Beach, 33447
- Sandoway House Nature Center, 142 S. Ocean Blvd., Delray Beach, 561-274-SAND
- S.D. Spady Museum, 170 N.W. 5th Ave., P.O. Box 3077, Delray Beach, 33447, 561-279-8487.
- Women in the Visual Arts The WITVA Gallery is located at Pineapple Grove, 330 NE 2nd Avenue, Delray Beach. Website features current and upcoming exhibitions, classes, and workshops
- Delray Beach Water Sports Rentals, 401 S. Ocean Blvd., 561-279-0008,
- Historic Wreck of the S.S. Inchulva (sits in about 25 ft. of water approximately 150 yards off-shore from the south end of Delray's public beach). 561-243-7352
- Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, Cocoanut Row, Palm Beach, 561-655-2833
- Lion Country Safari, 18 miles west of I-95 on Southern Blvd., W. Palm Beach, 561-793-1084
- Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, U.S. 441 between Delray and Boynton, 561-732-3684.
- Loxahatchee Everglades Air Boat Tours, West End Lox Rd., Boca Raton, 561-482-6107
- Hoffman's Chocolate Shoppes and Gardens, 5190 Lake Worth Rd., Greenacres, 561-967-2213.
- Norton Gallery, 1415 S. Olive Ave., 561-832-5174
- Palm Beach Kennel Club, dog racing, Belvedere Rd. & Congress Ave., 561-683-2222
- Pottery Playhouse, 812 E Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach, 561-279-1397
- Rapids Water Park, 6566 N. Military Trail, W.P.B., 561-842-8756
- Regal Cinemas Delray 18, 1660 S Federal Hwy, Delray Beach, 561-272-0510
- American Orchid Society, 16700 AOS Lane, Delray Beach, 561-404-2000
- Bucky Dent Baseball School, 490 Dotterel Rd, Delray Beach, 561-265-0280
- Atlantic Avenue - Delray Beach's own charming Atlantic Avenue is a treasure trove for the recreational shopper and showcases more than 150 different boutiques and galleries.
- Blood's Hammock Groves -Delray Beach.5 minutes from downtown. Established in the 1940's featuring citrus sales, plant boutique, flowers, ornamentals, fresh herbs, decorative pots. 498-3400.
- Levenger Outlet - 5 minutes from downtown, Levenger's only retail outlet. "A Purveyor of Tools for the Serious Readers" sells heirloom quality reading accessories at reasonable prices including lamps, leather goods, "reading furniture".
- Ocean City Lumber Company - Tucked in the historic Pineapple Grove district of downtown Delray Beach is Ocean City Lumber Company. This one time lumber yard is now a great shopping, dining and entertainment center with galleries, boutiques and trendy cafes that spill out onto the brick-paved sidewalks. Just north of Atlantic Ave. between NE 2nd Ave. & Pineapple Grove Way. 276-2323
- ABC Carpet & Home, The Outlet-5 minutes from downtown. An outlet version of the famous New York City original. Deluxe home furnishings and accessories including Persian Rugs, eclectic furnishings, luxury linen and bath items --the unusual and trendy sometimes at bargain prices.
- Sawgrass Mills Outlet - 40 minutes. Featuring 260 stores including Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet, Ann Taylor, and more.
- Mizner Park , Boca Raton - 10 minutes from downtown Delray Beach. A unique shopping destination featuring courtyards with fountains, beautiful landscaping, gourmet restaurants. Unique designer clothing and accessories and art galleries.
- Worth Avenue, Palm Beach - 30 minutes. Renowned for world class shopping with 200 luxury stores such as Cartier, Chanel, Tiffany with many of the historical buildings designed in Mediterranean Revival style.
- Town Center at Boca Raton Mall – Luxury boutiques and department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bulgari, Burberry, Tiffany, Cartier and more. Town Center is only 10-15 minutes from the heart of Delray Beach via I-95 south to Glades Road.
- Boynton Beach Mall, Boynton Beach, 15 minutes (north)
- The Gardens, North Palm Beach, 45 minutes (north)
Want to learn more about Delray Beach?
Contact the experts at Lang Realty for a free consultation, call us at 877.357.0618