If you are thinking about moving to a new house this fall season, it’s wise to begin preparations now. Does your house need repairs, tweaking, painting? If so, you might want to tackle those items right now. You’ll also want to know how much you are going to need out of the sale of your home to purchase your next one. Scan the marketplace to see what your home is competing against and what you want to replace it with. Here are 5 staging tips to help prepare for an autumn showing.
- The Fall Curb Appeal – dress your house or at least your front steps with seasonal flowers or plants, and a few pumpkins or other items with an autumnal feel to embrace the fall season.
- Moderation – the key to success with décor and staging is moderation. You want to be mindful of your personal budget and avoid over-decorating the home that you’re trying to sell.
- Comfort – fall is when people want a cozy home, even in a warm climate like South Florida, it signals the coming holiday season. Once you’ve drawn potential buyers, make them feel comfortable and right at home.
- Brightness – bright, warm lights are very inviting, especially in autumn as the days gets shorter.
- Neat and tidy – continue the warm and cozy feel throughout your home. For example, the bed is the focal point of each bedroom, so make it inviting – extra pillows and coordinating linens for a pulled-together look and feel.