West Palm Beach, also known as West Palm, is the largest and most populated city in Palm Beach County, FL. West Palm Beach is also the oldest municipality in South Florida. What used to be miles and miles of nothing back in 1885 has now become the busiest city in Palm Beach County. There are many benefits that come from living in the fast pace city of West Palm Beach, such as the living conditions, schools, restaurants, shops, and events.
- The living conditions in West Palm Beach depend on your location with in the city. The downtown areas of West Palm are more up scale then most of the city. According to the 2008 United States Census Data, West Palm has a population of 134,795. The average income per household is 36,774, and there is approximately 34,769 households in West Palm Beach.
- The schools in West Palm Beach are rated mostly 10 out of 10 with some exceptions of a 9 out of 10, which is still a superb rating. A few of the schools with a10 out of 10 rating are Alexander W Dreyfoos Jr School, Bak Middle school of the Arts and South Olive Elementary School. The school which were rated a 9 out of 10 are Florida Virtual School and G-Star School of the Arts.
- Restaurants- West Palm Beach as many different restaurants to choose from. You can enjoy a delicious in-expensive meal from any of the well-known restaurants such as Chili's, Olive Garden, Applebees, Fridays etc. or you can have a high-end unique taste from one of the upscale restaurants in downtown City Place. Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory and IL Belagio are just a few of the most popular upscale restaurants in City Place. While you are in City place about to dine on a delicious meal, take sometime to check out the array of specialty and retail shops that downtown has to offer.
- Shopping!- City Place is the most well-known shopping district with in West Palm. City place is comprised of 600,000 square feet of retail businesses including Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, A/X Armani Exchange and some specialty stores such as, Belis and Bikini Style Ocean Drive.
- Events- Some of the popular events that are happening this summer downtown are kids summer reading programs, adult summer reading programs, Sunday ice cream socials, Summer flea market and Clematis by night. Clematis by night is a fun-fill event that takes advantage of the City's new waterfront. With all the events that are happening in West palm, it is impossible to not want to buy a home in such a vibrant city.