Delray Beach is a fun vibrant city that holds a lot of history. In 1876 the Orange Grove House of Refuge was built and is now known as the building that made Delray Beach. The first school in the area was built in 1894 by the black community. Delray beach is a great place to raise a family because of the living conditions, restaurants, beaches, shops, events and activities.
- The living conditions- The population of people in the city is 64,150 with and average income of 43,371 per house hold. Delray Beach is known for its retirement living though out the community. The Morikami Park Elementary School is rated 10 out of 10 for excellence.
- There are many Restaurants that Delray has to offer for example, 32 east is an upscale restaurant that offers Mediterranean cuisine that uses seasonal products sourced from around the country. With a taste of contemporary American style, 32 east has a intriguing menu that changes daily. Bostons on the beach is another popular restaurant that has served New England style seafood and fresh local catch to locals and tourist for 25 years. Bostons on the beach is also known for their live music and satellite sports viewings. The upper deck of Bostons has an exclusive menu for sophisticated dinning. The Blue Fish is a well-known sushi restaurant that has the most talented chefs in the southern hemisphere.
- The Beaches of Delray are are very well maintained. Delray Beach Municipal Park has chairs and umbrellas that can be rented for beach going needs. Aside from soaking up the sun and splashing in the waves, the beach is the perfect place to throw around the football or play a friendly game of volleyball. The beaches of Delray attract over a million visitors per year.
- Shops- The Decoratively lit, charming streetscapes are filled with an eclectic blend of unique shoppes and fabulous boutiques that has the latest designer fashions to offer. One of the main attractions is the House of Vintage, which sells apparel and accessories from back in the 1920's. Epic surf and swim is a surf shop that is located right off of the beach on Atlantic Ave.
- Events and Activities- For the summer Delray is booked with events and things to do. Some of the events that are coming up this month are Summer nights on the avenue, which is a block party that has different themes every time the event is held. The USTA tennis tournament is also coming up this July on the 18th- 25th. The Bon Festival is also coming up in August. Delray also hosts the Delray Affair which is a three day long art and street fair that is held annually.